Laurie in Lynn, MA, has been dreaming about making a graveyard-themed terrarium. After preparing some advice for her on how to get started, I totally want to make one, too. Here’s a great list of resources for how to get started (many of which could certainly be used to make terrariums that are totally unrelated to graveyards!)
Tips & Notes
It seems like there are a variety of not-terribly-in-depth graveyard-specific terrarium ideas online, but I suggest you start with plain terrarium information and tutorials, and add your own graveyard touches as you desire. Look for products and tutorials that will help you craft your own miniatures, or miniature graveyard.
Terrarium Building Tutorials
- Solid general terrarium tutorial for beginners
- A high-level tutorial from Lark Crafts specifically about Graveyard Themed Terrariums.
- How to make a moss terrarium (good foundation for a graveyard!) Video
- Very detailed tutorial for making a polymer-clay skeleton
Books & Magazines
- Gardening in Miniature: Create Your Own Tiny Living World, by Janit Calvo
- Kawaii Polymer Clay Creations: 20 Super-Cute Miniature Projects, by Emily Chen (this might be helpful for making miniatures, if you adapt the projects to your graveyard theme)
- You could purchase graveyard miniatures instead of making them yourself.
- Or even purchase a full kit for a graveyard terrarium.
In the Lynn, MA, Area
- Plant Nite holds terrarium-making events at pubs in Boston (not graveyard-specific, but pretty cool looking!)