Remember how I came up with a harebrained idea for a Periscope series of me making things for the very first time? Well, thanks to your help, I have a list of more than two dozen things to make (keep those ideas coming!).
Today, I did my first #firsttimemake scope, and to be easy on myself for this first one, I chose a project that’s been high on my list for a very long time: assembling and warping my frame loom. (I bought the loom a few months ago, and have been so excited to use it that I haven’t touched it. You know how that goes, right?)
I’m so excited to finally weave on it that I have a feeling I’ll do the second scope within a day or two. Or later today.
Watch the video below! And let me know if you have any questions about it. I’ll do my best to answer here on the blog, and/or in my next scope.
Follow me on Periscope so you don’t miss theÂ weaving!
- This is the frame loom I bought.
- Here’s a bunch of links on Pinterest about making your own frame loom (lots on there about looms you can buy, too.)
- Here’s my board for #firsttimemake projects, if you’re curious to see what’s to come.
- This yarn looks similar to what I’m using for the warp.
- That book I’m reading is The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend, byÂ Katarina Bivald.
Leave a Reply