Things over the last week that made me smile, think and be a better human:
- No commentary needed: Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark’s pinboard for Twin Peaks
- I bought some vintage Sesame Street bed sheets to make Owen a blanket for the camper (exactly like the ones I had when I was little!), then realized I’ve never done such a thing. Diane to the rescue with this great tutorial on how to make a new blanket from thrifted sheets and blankets.
- Tech writer Paul Miller spent a year offline, during which time he discovered the internet wasn’t, in fact, the cause of his bad habits.Â His essay concluding the experiment is one ofÂ the most poignantly self-aware I’ve read. You should read it. Especially if you think the internet is ruining society.
- “I alone am responsible for defining what I want, and then creating it.” â€“ Tara Swiger on How to Be (your own version of) Awesome
- Lee Meredith’s new Betiko Shawl Collection. I pre-ordered it immediately.
- Wil Wheaton on the scourge of the internet: They make comments.