Last Thursday I spent the day doing very ugly arts and crafts with all sorts of interesting people as part of the Exhibition at the CreativeMix conference here in Vancouver. It was the first time in many, many years that I had to prepare a visual display for something, and here’s the story of how I managed to pull it off without succumbing to a total breakdown. (Advice: Ask for help!)
Here are some of the people and things I mention in the video, in addition to the aforelinked Mighty Ugly and CreativeMix:
- My friends Miranda and Riley, creative and business geniuses
- Sister Diane’s review of and projects using the Silhouette Craft Cutter (I totally want one now, like, a lot)
- The music I used for the time-lapse bit: Test Drive by Zapac, which is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (3.0).
- iTimeLapse Pro is the app I used. Love it.
- Big hugs and thanks, also, to Andrea of Got Craft?, who spent the day at the exhibition with me, helping to explain the project to folks who came by, and doing wonders keeping the crafts table tidy throughout the day.
If your iPhone or iPad won’t show you the video, please watch it on Vimeo. I’m attracted to several features Blip.tv offers that Vimeo doesn’t, but if I hear lots of complaints about Flash I’ll switch to using Vimeo here. Don’t be shy! Unrelated: You can subscribe to the videoblog in iTunes. Shiny.
Here’s what the display ended up looking like. When people chose not to keep their ugly creatures, we nailed them to the wall or added them to the we sculpture garden that grew up on the table.
Leave a Reply