Spanish journalist and film-maker Xurxo Martínez emailed me a link to his new short documentary about yarn bombing, and I finally just made time to watch it. It’s one of the best crafts-related documentaries I’ve seen, despite the rough subtitles. He manages to touch upon everything from art to craft, fun to activism, tradition to subversion, and none of it seems rushed or glossed over. The artists he interviewed spoke beautifully about their art, the movement, their cities, and the people they encounter. I just loved it. Give it a watch and let me know what you think:
I help people start to do things they've never done before and have more fun making stuff. Kinda like a camp counselor for grown-ups. My latest book, Make It Mighty Ugly: Exercises And Advice For Getting Creative Even When It Ain't Pretty, is in bookstores and libraries everywhere. It's a handbook for vanquishing creative demons so you can go ahead and make stuff – art, craft, whatever! Here's a handy list of other things about me.
My Most Popular Posts
- Back to My Bullet Journal
- Tried and True (AKA My Favourite Crochet Pattern)
- Using Honey in Making Cold-Process Soap
- Bullet Journal Update, One Year In
- Bullet Journal Update
- Crocheted Rag Rug (and How to Crochet a Perfect Circle)
- Bath Fizzies: Fun for Kids and Grown-ups (with Recipe!)
- Get to Work Book & Bullet Journaling: First Impressions
- A Finished Shawl
- Cold-Process Shampoo Bars: Who Knew?