Mighty Ugly is my truest love – I speak and lead workshops to help people and groups combat creative demons. I also do all manner of freelance work in the general realm of crafts- and small-business-related publishing. Since 2004, I’ve worked as a book editor, magazine editor, founder and editor of an online magazine, blogger, teacher, writer, speaker and author. Specializing in grand collaborations and in helping authors make their books better, the particular kind of work I do varies from project to project. With great excitement for social media and entrepreneurial projects, innovative and ambitious, boundary-pushing goals are what make my world go ’round.
Drop me a line and tell me what you’re doing and what you need, and let’s get crackin’!
- Participating in exciting, nifty projects that defy categorization
- Editing, including
- Freelance non-fiction and crafts-related book editing, of the print or e-book variety, especially with small presses or self-publishers – I can help you organize and tighten up your book, whether you’re at the outlining stage or already have a finished manuscript.
- Speaking or facilitating including
- Mighty Ugly workshops
- Presentations and addresses to audiences of any size on topics including
- Why mistakes and failure are a valuable and necessary part of creating wonderful things (art, products, events, ideas, whatever), and how to make those mistakes and failures less terrifying
- Exploring creativity through the lens of ugly (i.e., examining the dark things that hold us back from exploring and celebrating our creativity)
- Inspiration related to: crochet, yarn crafts, crafts in general (taking inspiration from, or finding inspiration for)
- Using online media and/or social media in any realm of creative life and/or business
- Writing, including
- Freelance assignments for print or online publication. I’d be happy to write about pretty much any topic, and especially topics related to creativity, crafts, creative business, social media, books or publishing, or local Vancouver, BC, happenings.
- Technical crafts writing (note: I am not a technical editor)
- Website copy writing
- Consulting on topics including
- Online media strategies for authors, crafters, small businesses or other creative types
- General brainstorming related to product development, creative business strategy and pretty much any other topics you need to explore